Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Echoes From Patmos

I wonder what is was like to watch the New Jerusalem come down and settle on the New Earth?

I wonder what is was like to walk with Jesus and hear His words?

I wonder how much John loved hearing his best friend Jesus talk once again?
What? The end was near and the churches weren't doing well.

Going where we go, doing what we do we should know that same message holds true. The end is near and the churches aren't doing well.

Being who we are and seeing what we do.
Remember, the end is near and the churches aren't doing well.

Still, I wonder what it is like to watch the New Jerusalem come down and settle on the New Earth. I don't know, yet someday I will see. Oh, will see it for myself!
Until then know, the end is near and the churches aren't doing well.

“Wait a minute Lord! I want to do well!” pray.
“Buy the white one, buy refined gold.” I hear Him whisper.

“What do you mean LORD? Didn't you buy that for me?” I cry?


I hear in a still subtle voice, “Why don't you act like you believe that?


“Refiners fire. My hearts one desire. Is to be holy...” So the song knew it all along. The holy God wants children set apart from the world, while they live in that same place. The place that taint our soul is not the world, it is our own soul. It is our own heart. The wicked deceitful thing wants me to either go along with the world or ignore the dying world. Yet, our Father loves that same world enough to sacrifice Jesus for its redemption.

I hear that still subtle voice once more. “ Act like you believe me.”

As the New Heaven settles in, belief will be a thing of the past. I hear an angel in the corner chatting, “Once a special group had the chance to witness to all Creation. They did it by believing.”




No comments:

Post a Comment