Translate

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Whispers In The Wind

Thoughts came rushing is as I finished reading about Elijah in 1 Kings. Elijah was talking to Obadiah. He was another prophet of God who served in King Ahab's court. Obadiah hide 100 of Gods' prophets. Why? It was because Ahab was evil. He was killing Gods' prophets. In this seen, Ahab was angry and trying to find and kill Elijah. Why? Because Elijah's prayer stopped the rain for 3 1/2 years.

Imagine just how much Ahab wanted to do away with Elijah. Yet, God had other plans. God had plans to show King Ahab and all of Isreal that He is and was the one true God. God had plans to showoff. He want to remind Isreal He is God. And He used Obadiah to inform Ahab Elijah was here. Elijah came to the King of Isreal and confronted him to put him in his place.

Elijah stepped into the most dangerous situation ever, because God told him to. WOW!



"So Obadiah went to tell Ahab that Elijah had come, and Ahab went out to meet Elijah. When Ahab saw him, he exclaimed, “So, is it really you, you troublemaker of Israel?”
“I have made no trouble for Israel,” Elijah replied. “You and your family are the troublemakers, for you have refused to obey the commands of the Lord and have worshiped the images of Baal instead. Now summon all Israel to join me at Mount Carmel, along with the 450 prophets of Baal and the 400 prophets of Asherah who are supported by Jezebel.”1 Kings 18:16-19 NLT




God made fun of a false god!

After this invitation to gather Baals' prophets, Elijah had a showdown! I've said enough. Read the final outcome for yourself in 1Kings 18.

Here are my thoughts. And is it all because Elijah knew in whose presence he stood. It is Gods!
________________________________________________________________

In whose presence do you stand?
Elijah knew His God.
Do you?

Do you know? Are you tuned in and …?
Do you hear it?
Do you hear it?
Do you hear the voice of God all around you?
Do you hear Him in the wind?
Do you see His beauty all around?

Our Fathers' Majesty surrounds us everyday.
Life screams out, “Listen!”
Listen for the voice of God.

“If you are willing you will hear Me.
I'm calling you out of the world.
I'm calling you to see my Son.
I'm asking for your love.
I'm reaching out, don't you hear Me?
Please accept My Son, Jesus.
I'm pleading for a relationship.
I miss our talks.
I miss our fellowship.
I miss you.
Please hear Me.
Hear Me in the wind.
Hear Me in sunset.
Hear Me in the thunder and the rain.
Hear Me, I'm calling you.
I'm calling YOU!
Listen, I loved you enough to give My all, My Son.
I've wrote all down, please read it.
Please get know me as I know you.
I know you flaws, and I will forgive you, please ask.
Ask my Son about Me, He will tell you what I'm really like.
Jesus knocks on your heart, are you listening?"




Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.  Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne. Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches.” Rev 3:20-23

No comments:

Post a Comment