Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Humble King


Proud of your pride are you?
Do you forget pride was the first sin?
Do we forget on whose shoulders we stand?


I stand on Christ' shoulders dependent.
Dependent on Him for all I need.
Dependent on Jesus, of that I'll praise and sing!


For Christ did the unthinkable in finding me.
Jesus formed and made the world and even thought of me.
Even then, He knew I would sin, like Adam the eldest grandpa.


For sins sake, Jesus died.
For my sake, Jesus died.
For your sake, Jesus died.


Forgiveness swept away my sin stained life.
Forgiveness moved my mountains, O what praise I sing!
Forgiveness works in me, yes I'll forgive even thee.


Still proud of that lengthy pedigree?
Still proud of God given skills He gave to thee?
Still proud of those looks? Aren't we made like He?


God gives to all ability.
God sets our place and time in eternity.
God even gave His best to humanity.


The best took on a task, just for me.
Christ stepped into humanity.
The begotten of God, God in flesh came for me!


Jesus accepted the task of redeeming me, He took on flesh to be like me. The royal maker of time, dimension and matter, Jesus came into the life He breathed into existence.The spirit met the physical and Jesus came all humbled.


Jesus didn't demand His rights to royalty.
Jesus, while holding the universe, held out His hand to me.
Those hands were nailed down.

Jesus' hands and feet, Jesus laid out in humility.




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In grace given from Jesus, I write what He places on my heart and mind. It is liberation through activity. Christ liberates my soul everyday. His mercy comes again and again. Grace after grace, mercy after mercy it is new everyday. Today I celebrate my 200th post.

May Jesus enrich your life as He has mine. Take forgiveness!

God bless!
               Gordon






2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem.Sometimes God seems far away even though faith tells us He is close.Staying in the Word keeps us strong...cpntinue your good work...Danielle C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem.Sometimes God seems far away even though faith tells us He is close.Staying in the Word keeps us strong...cpntinue your good work...Danielle C.

    ReplyDelete