Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Feelings Whoa Oh

I can't write what I'm thinking, someone may actually read this someday. Instead I will write about how I am feeling. Granted, a life led by feelings will be a life of heartache and misery. Still this doesn't discount those emotions. Just know the moments of elation, will be wiped over and erased with sad discontent. The passion of one season of life will be a wind swept desert in another. A life led by emotion only is a life of trouble (my opinion of course).

Hold on! Didn't I say I was going to write about how I'm feeling? See? Do you see? No! I know I haven't made this clear enough. Moments ago, a deep sigh of depression weighed heavily down. Whilst I was raring and ready to go into the pit of disparaging emotions, those emotions disappeared just as fast as I wrote these few words. Go figure?

That is the nature of human emotions: they change! Over and over, back and forth, up and down our emotions go all over. Sure some seem to ride the stable seas with unflinching stability built right into that persons makeup. Other people seem to ride waves that crash over and over. Of course, there are those who seem to have no emotions, or at least don't seem to know how to express them.

I won't tell you which category I fall into, though I'm sure you could guess. You know what. I feel better.


God grants us emotions, because they are an expression of who He is. We may or may not understand this. And if you only read a verse here and a verse there in the Bible, you may never see this. Rather than spoil or sway your opinion of this notion of God, our God and Heavenly Father having emotions, I'll ask that you read the Bible for yourself. Find out on your own if this is true. I know it is.

1 comment: