Translate

Friday, March 2, 2012

Wild Oats and Rotten Lemons


Situational desperation causing my mind to wonder and wander,
My ineptitude makes me destitute.

I sowed my wild oats and in return all I got was rotten lemons.
Not fit for lemonade, not even Gatorade.
My ship had run aground;
Cold, broken, and smashed all around

There's only one way out, I had to cry out; 
Only one who can heal,
Only one can make me feel.

Wild oats and rotten lemons;
They grew, they smelled
But, once cut down, the wound began to heal
From deep within, Jesus you’ve cleansed my sin. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow Gordon, you've got something really good going here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ed, sorry for not responding. I had a few sick days. I'm grateful God is still in the business of lovingly restoring His children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this! I need to get back into my Bible! It is the only answer in this cold world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need answers for life, and I always do, the bible is the ultimate source! It's Jesus on paper that comes alive!

    ReplyDelete