Translate

Thursday, April 18, 2013

When Work's Not Enough


Deemed deficient, my works were never enough to please Thee.
Deemed defiant, my works were never enough to sway Thee.
Insufficient and incomplete, that’s what I would make of me.

I had tugged and pulled to no avail.
I’d better trust Your work Jesus, not mine.
I guess I’d better believe Your Word Jesus, not mine.

MY thoughts are deceptive, Your thoughts are kind.
My feelings are disruptive, Your Word outlast time.
My truth fails: You are Truth!

Weary yet welcomed.
Humbled, I’m home.
Helpless nonetheless helped.
                            You took the stranger home.

I’m lost in my thought this night.
Heaven is not far from sight.
For more years may be still right here                        
                           So in You I’ll be of good cheer!

2 comments: